From:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:27:32 -0500

Well I received a call from a manager at Roberts asking me a few questions
about the bag of GF Chaos Chips were I had found the pretzils, which were
not GF.  She asked if I still had the contents of the bag as well as the
bag and that she would send a call tag from UPS for it.  She stated she
called the manufacturing plant, and an investigation would take place once
the bag was received and that she would contact me after this was done.
That was Tuesday night and I still have the bag.  I did take photos of the
bag and of the contents too as one of you had stated to do.

Whats disheartening is I received several emails in reply to my post
stating they had similar things happen to them as well with the GF chips.
One had even said it happened the night before.  I was in shock.  I just
figured this was a onetime instance but I was wrong.

I looked further into Roberts website under the faq, and this is what it
states,

"Are your snacks gluten-free, why doesn’t it say so on the bag?

All of our snacks except for CHAOS and Honey Wheat Pretzels are Gluten
Free (There is a Gluten and Wheat free version of the Chaos). Since gluten
is used on other snacks at the plant, we do not put it on our bags. They
run our snacks first, thoroughly clean the machines between runs, and
train all the employees on allergen control to reduce the possibility of
cross contamination."

here is the link for it.

http://www.robscape.com/FAQrobscape.html

I see that they state that gluten is used on other snacks at the plant,
but doesn't that have to be stated on the bag?   Also I think they need to
do alittle more training for their employees.  They state they train their
employees on allergen control...apparently not enough.

I will keep everyone posted when this "investigation" is complete.

Jennifer
NJ