From:
Mireille <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:10:18 -0500

Thanks to those who responded.

Here are the responses I received:

1:  The baker at Mr. Ritts GF bakery in Philadelphia says it does. He
attended
our support group meeting and I asked him how they get their bread crumbs
so
fine. They are almost as fine as sand.

I do not have a grain mill myself yet. You may want to check e-Bay as they
usually have a few for sale and it will most likely be cheaper than buying
it retail.

2:  I have one. I don't grind grain anymore, but I used to grind all the
wheat
we used. I found the Kitchen Aide grinder to be well made and sturdy, but
very slow if you are trying to make enough flour for bread making for
example. I bought a stand-alone grinder with a big motor which was much
more
satisfactory. I think the Kitchen Aide might be fine for a little flour for
gravy maybe.

3:  I had one and gave up on it...I just use cornstarch for baking..much
better

4:   found the specs online at the kitchenaid website.  It does say
for "non-oily' grains...which would exclude bean flours and those tend to
be the most expensive.

One of the members in our group has a hand mill, and got a small motor for
it.  She could do bean flours but it required a slower grinding speed.
Based on her experience, choice of a mill should be based on what you plan
to grind. The $150 cost of the Kitchenaid is a lot of $$ to drop if it
won't grind what you want to cook with.

Mireille