From:
Anthony Ursich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Ursich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:17:34 -0500

Hi Folks:   First off thank you for the tremendous response to my request
if Jack Daniels is gluten free.  I summarize:

12 people said Jack Daniels is gluten free, have no ill effects.  JD's
website states it is gluten free.

One stated if you believe the scientists and the Canadian and US Celiac
associations about the distillation removing all gluten into the process,
it is GF.  Distilling removes dangerous elements.  This person had vodkas,
gins and rums with no ill effects.

One person said Jack Daniels and all whiskey is out.

One said Southern Comfort is GF.

Everyone agrees potato vodka is GF.  Many recommend Citroc and Chopin
Vodka, also Luksusowa Vodka is GF.

One said gin has grains and whiskey has malt (I think that's wrong).  They
say Tequila is GF.

Red and white wines are okay.

Several people said Smirnoff has a complete GF list (two people included
the list but I don't know how to paste things on e-mails.)

One said go to www.celiac.com, then to the link alcohol gf list.doc

One said Budweiser and Michelob products are brewed with rice.  Check their
website www.Anheuser-Busch.com or call 1-800-Dial-BUD (1-800-342-5283)

Thank you all again for the tremendous response.................now, I'm
going to the bar for sure.  Bernice