From:
Art Raiche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:01:08 -0500

On Aug 13, 11:01am, Linda Blanchard wrote:

> Some of us live lives so packed that fast food isn't something we want to
> indulge in, it's a necessity. I'm SO tired of eating at Wendy's as I dash
> about but I'm SO grateful they've got gluten-free food and a brochure
> with a list of all their ingredients for everything they make regularly.

Death is nature's way of telling us to slow down and take things easy.

I would never tell anyone how they should run their lives both because it is
presumptious and also because no one  listens..  However, being diagnosed a
celiac means that major changes have to be made and it gives one the
opportunity to re-evaluate things in general.  If in pre-celiac days, fast food
was a part of your life, maybe it is a good idea toi ask why and if it was
worth it.

One of the attractive things of Mediteranean culture (and Zen Buddhism for what
that's worth) is the importance placed on meals as a social ritual, whether
that means ones self only, family, or friends.  If we lead lives which force
neglect of this and similar rituals, then we lose a lot.  Preparation of meals
can be a form of meditation or at least a break from stressful activities.
  That statement may seem idiotic to some, especially those with financial
interests in fast food companies.  However, the internet is filled with idiotic
statements and I reserve the right to make my share of them.

Art Raiche