From:
Joyce C Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:15:38 -0400

Listers,

Aidell's gourmet sausage is available here in central Florida through
Sam's Club.  They have several very tempting varieties, but the one I
have purchased in Smoked Chicken/Apple.

For your information, I include the following corresponce:

Since I need to follow a gluten free diet, could you please tell me which
flavors of sausage would be gluten free?  I read the ingredients for your
smoked chicken & apple, and it appears to be gluten free.  Many times,
labeling is not as complete as we need it to be.  For instance, would the
spices contain some substance to keep it from clumping?  Gluten involves
wheat, rye, barley and oats and in my personal case, I have to avoid corn
as well (most maltodextrins are derived from corn).

It would be very helpful if you could provide this information.  Thank
you, Joyce Jamerson

Their response:

In this case it is easier for me to list our products that do contain
gluten.  There are to many flavors that don't.  You should stay away
from the Thai, Teriyaki, Lemon w/no cure, and Lamb Rosemary.  The other
aidells flavor contain no gluten.