From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:39:51 -0500

Ouaker Oats has a new product out that I thought my son would like: Corn
Rings.  A snack food, but I'm always looking for something to pack in
lunches or for the road.  I contacted the company to check for its GF status
and here is what I got back:

Thank you for contacting us about Quakes Corn Rings. Due to many factors, we
have not been able to respond to your concern as promptly as we would wish.
Please accept our apologies.

We do our best to provide accurate information so that you can make informed
choices about the products you purchase. We are concerned for your health
and want you to know that grains are handled and transported in bulk by our
suppliers. We understand that individuals sensitive to gluten cannot digest
even trace amounts. According to information obtained from our ingredient
suppliers, gluten is not part of the ingredients in this product. However,
it is important we let you know that this product may contain trace amounts
of grains that may be grown, harvested or stored with other grains and we
cannot guarantee this product is gluten free.

We thank you for your interest in our products and hope this information is
helpful.
Kelly

This makes me question whether or not their other products are GF as
previously stated here and elsewhere.  We buy their rice cakes occasionally,
but I may think twice about doing so in the future.

Joy in Arizona