From:
fpickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 16:50:49 -0500

Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting but I have been reading on-line for a few months
soaking up and learning as much as possible about CD.  Your help has been
greatly appreciated and without you all I wouldn't have improved my health
as much as I have.  I have had no luck with the medical field in getting my
gluten problem classified.  When the biopsy was done 3 years ago the doctor
couldn't see the villi because a ring was around the bottom (whatever that
means)   I had been gluten-free too long when the blood test that went to
the Mayo Clinic was done last August.  I have figured out that I am also
allergic to milk but not lactose and soy.

The doctor put me on Zocor and it seems that when I wake up in the morning
that something just isn't feeling right.  It is hard to describe and
pinpoint and I am giving second thought to Zocor.  I got the Merck & Co.,
Inc. print out on Zocor saying what is in the product and it lists
simvastain, cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl
methylcellulose, iron oxides, lactose, magnesium stearate, starch, talc,
titanium dioxide and other ingredients.  Butylated hydroxyanisole is added
as a preservative.  I called the company 800-672-6372 to inquire about the
"starch" and the "other ingredients."  The lady wouldn't and/or couldn't
give me that information and that I would have to have my doctor make the
call and he would be given such information.  I don't know if he will do so
since they want him to give them his DEA #.

My questions are: Does anyone know if this product is gluten-free?  Any
information that you can send to me would be helpful.  What is anyone
taking for keeping their cholesterol under control?

Marita in Sherman, Texas USA