From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 20:14:56 -0500

Christian Gassler wrote:

>I've been milling my own flours in a very sturdy german made mill.
>It takes almost everything, but remember the following caveats:
>
>Never ever mill tapioca granules! Your mill will be messed up and
>will need being taken apart in order to clean the stones - big mess !!!

The problem is without making it clear what type of mill you have your post
above is an unnecessary scare. As Aaron Atkinson noted yesterday there are
four types of mills: stone, burr, roller, and impact. They are all very
different. Based on what you wrote one can infer that you have a stone
mill. There is no reason why we should assume your problems with tapioca
and a stone mill mean one should not grind tapioca in one of the other types.

Don.