From:
lynn dillow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:09:25 -0500

Hello everyone,

I just spoke with Julie @ Skippy (product of Best Foods) 1-800-338-8831
to verify the GF status of my favorite PB.  She informed me that all the
Skippy Peanut Butter with the exception of the new Double... with Nestle
Crunch ARE GF.  She stated there are never any hidden sources of wheat,
rye, barley, oat or malt in their products, if they were part of the
source they would be listed as an ingredient.

She also asked the PC# and the exp date and the R2# after the date.  She
offered to send some gluten free recipes as well.  When they arrive, I
will happily share any successes with the list.

We often encounter reps that are not knowledgeable, or don't care to
find out, or companies not willing to make the "GF commitment",  so I
was certainly overjoyed with the helpfulness from Julie.

I am off to make some PB cookies!

Lynn
South Elgin IL