From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 22:03:14 -0500

This time of the year many subscribers take extended vacations away from
their communication access to this List.  This is especially true for
Universities which may be closed for up to two weeks.

Whenever you are unable to obtain your messages from the CELIAC list
for an extended period, it is prudent to set your ID to NOMAIL.  This
prevents CELIAC list messages from being sent to your ID and filling up
your alloted mailbox space.  Otherwise, once your mailbox is full
messages are generally rejected and sent back to my ID.  When this
happens I am forced to set your ID to NOMAIL and NOPOST until you log
back in and I hear from you again.

To stop messages, send this command to: [log in to unmask]

SET CELIAC NOMAIL

To restore the delivery, send:

SET CELIAC MAIL

To obtain the messages you missed, send these database search commands
to: [log in to unmask]

*/  Search for vacation messages */
//   JOB
Database search DD=Orders
//Orders DD *
Select * in Celiac from 95/12/15 to 95/12/31
PRINT
/*
// EOJ

(In this example I assumed that you desired messages from Dec 15 - 31;
any dates can be used instead.)

If you have problems, send a note directly to my ID and I can turn the
mail off and on for you.  This change works for individual messages and
the digest.  If you receive the E-DIGEST, you must send this command to
the LISTSERV to stop it:

AFD DELETE CELIAC E-DIGEST CELIAC

to restart it, send this command:

AFD ADD CELIAC E-DIGEST CELIAC

For missed E-DIGESTs, send a note to my ID with your missed days.  I
will try to maintain copies for the rest of the December.

Regards,

Michael W. Jones ([log in to unmask])
One of the Celiac LISTSERV Owners