From:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:07:15 -0700

Hello Listmates

Wondering about all those gluten-free flours you've read about but don't
know what to do with them?

Please join me on February 20 for the 2nd in a year-long series of lectures
and demonstrations aimed at increasing our knowledge of gluten-free
gastronomy.

You will learn how to use flours in gluten-free cooking, what starches to
combine with those flours for the best results, and how to make use of
important helpers like xanthan gum, Expandex, lecithin, and more.

If you're perplexed by what to use as a thickener in place of the usual
wheat flour, we'll address that, too. And, I'll show you how I convert my
family recipes to gluten-free ... many of them are in my books such as
Gluten-Free 101 (www.glutenfree101.com <http://www.glutenfree101.com/> ).
This class is the basis for many of the future classes in this series, so
you won't want to miss it.

I will be joined by well-known chef, Matt Selby of the Vista Dipping Grill
(one of my favorite Denver restaurants) and he'll impress you with a special
treat for sampling. We'll present these lectures in the elegant Phipps
Mansion, a well-known Denver site. Come early and tour the grand old house,
then visit the booths of the wonderful sponsors such as Bete Noire
Chocolates, Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods, Celia's Gourmet, and P.F. Chang's
China Bistro before settling in for 2 hours of fun, information, and
tasting.

One of the lucky attendees will win a chance to have a gluten-free dinner at
my house, along with organizer Suzanne Bowland and our husbands.

For more information or to register, go to www.theglutenfreelifestyle.com
<http://www.theglutenfreelifestyle.com/>  or 303 368-9990. This series
continues through November with another appearance by me on May 15 when we
discuss breads.

Hope to see you there, but be sure to register soon because space is filling
up.

Carol Fenster, Ph.D., President/Founder

Savory Palate. Inc.; 800.741.5418; 303.741.5408.

8174 S. Holly Street, #404, Centennial, CO  80122