From:
"Donald D. Kasarda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:28:19 PST

I assume that Stuart is inquiring about durum wheat.  Durum is a tetraploid
wheat used primarily for pasta--although in this area we can buy bread made
of durum flour as well.  It is wheat and is not suitable for celiac
patients. Kamut is a tetraploid wheat that is closely related to durum
wheat. Bread wheats are hexaploid wheats, but both tetraploid and hexaploid
wheats have very similar types of gluten proteins.

Don Kasarda
Albany, CA