From:
Karen Rabwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Rabwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:33:45 -0700

WFM was selling buffalo chicken wings in the prepared food section, clearly indicating wheat as an ingredient. The self serve section had buffalo wings NOT indicating wheat. I purchased them. After one bite I suspected they had been fried. A call to the store confirmed my suspicion. The store mgr had been unaware that the wings were fried in "filtered" oil before finished in the oven. The oil was used for battered fried chicken. The mgr sounded very sincere and stated he would pull the incorrect labels for all foods fried in this oil and would notify national management of the inaccurate labels.
So, while I applaud the response from the store manager, I would suggest an extra level of scrutiny, even at WFM.

Karen
Sent from my iPhone.

*******
*******