From:
Michele Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michele Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 20:37:08 -0600

On Sunday I leave for a round the world trip via Russia, Mongolia and China. The last time I did this trip I was "watching" my gluten intake because I suspected celiac, but I wasn't diagnosed. I have the gluten free card app on my iPhone, I have packed as many snacks as I can to keep within airlines weight limits, purchased Gluten Freeze, an overpriced "multidimensional immune and digestive support for the gluten free lifestyle" (has anyone ever used it?) and have plenty of lomotil, which my doctor said I can use as a propholaxis everyday if need to. Am I missing anything here? We will be traveling with 16 eighth graders, so I won't have the luxury of choosing high end restaurants that have a real chef. And I can't have an accident on a bus ride in Siberia! Am I missing anything in preparation here? I also have problems with lactose and nuts. The advantage that I have is that all three countries cook with natural ingredients -- not lots of pre-packaged stuff with miles of ingredients.

Thanks for your tips!

Michele