From:
Monika Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:03:13 EDT

Here is the updated Safeway grocery store list I received today.  It will be
in two parts due to its length.  I have already questioned Safeway about 2
items on the list which look like cake/pastry to me!

Monika
Pearl Harbor

We have taken the initiative to solicit all of our suppliers for lists of
their products that are gluten free. This list is attached for your easy
reference

As near as we can determine, the above information is correct; however, we
cannot guarantee that changes will not occur from time to time in our
ingredient listings. We do appreciate your interest in our Safeway Brand
products and hope that we have been of some help to you.

Sincerely,
Shannon Healy
Customer Service Representative

Celiac Sprue - (gluten-free food products)

SAFEWAY SELECT Brand
BBQ Sauces
Carbonated Beverage, Clear Sparkling Water (all varieties)
Chocolate Chips
Dressings (Basil Ranch, Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Vinaigrette, Raspberry
   Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese, Cranberry/Orange, and Harvest Vegetable)
Flavored Coffees
Gourmet Dipping Sauces (Plum and Honey Mustard)
Jams/Jellies
Mayonnaise (Regular, Reduced Fat and Fat Free distilled w/wood)
Mustard (Classic/Country Dijon)
Refrigerated Pasta Sauces (Classic Pesto, Creamy Parmesan Basil, Garden
   Vegetable & Herb, Light Alfredo, and Roasted Garlic & Mushroom)
Sausage, Chicken (Apple, Parmesan, Basil, and Tomato)
Sausage, Turkey (Italian)
Steak Sauce
Southwest Salsa (all varieties)
Truffles (Chocolate/Raspberry, Mocha, Butterscotch, and Milk Chocolate)
Tuna (Tongol)
Verdi Marinara Sauce
Winners Thirst Quencher (Lemon Lime, Lemon Ice, Orange, Lemon, Tropical,
Fruit Punch,
Glacier Wave, Tangerine Freeze, and Amazon Freeze)

ENLIGHTEN Brand
Dressings (Roasted Garlic, Honey Mustard, Roasted Sweet Pepper & Garlic
   Vinaigrette, Garden Italian, and Balsamic & Red Wine Vinaigrette)

HEALTHY ADVANTAGE Brand
Corn Chowder
Split Pea w/Ham
Vegetarian Chili

SAFEWAY Brand
Apple Sauce (Cups, Natural and Sweetened)
Aspartame Sweetener
Black Olives
Canned Beans (Pork & Beans, Light & Dark Red Kidney, Pinto, Blackeye, and
   Chick)
Cashews, Halves & Pieces and Whole
Cereal* (Corn Nuggets, Corn Flakes and Fruity Nuggets)
Cheese Curls & Cheese Puffs
Cheese Spread, Aerosol (American, Cheddar and Sharp)
Chicken Broth
Coconut (Sweetened)
Corned Beef Hash
Cranberry Sauce (Whole and Jellied)
Cream Style Corn
Deluxe Mixed Nuts
Dessert Cups (short cake)
Dried Beans (Pink, Great Northern, Lentils, Black, Blackeye, Small White,
   Large Lima, Small Red, Green Split, Light Red Kidney, Pinto, Baby Lima,
   and Navy)
Dried Fruit (Prunes, Raisins, Apricots, Peach, Apple, and Cherry)
Extracts & Pure Spices** (if gluten, ingredient statement will declare)
Fruit Snacks
Grated Parmesan Cheese (3, 8 & 16oz.)
Instant Rice
Hot Cocoa Mix (with and w/o Marshmallows and Fat Free)
Home Run Pies
Honey (Pure and Creamed)
Instant Breakfast
Instant Puddings and Instant Gelatins
Iced Tea Mix
Jams/Jellies
Juices (Tomato, Lemonade, Pineapple, Apple, Orange, Prune, White/Pink
   Grapefruit, Rudy Red, Grape, Cranberry, Cranberry/Raspberry,
   Cranberry/Apple, and Cranberry/Grape)
Ketchup
Lemon Juice
Limeade
Maraschino Cherries
Marshmallows
Microwave Popcorn (all varieties)
Milk (Sweetened, Condensed)
Mixed Nuts w/Peanuts
Mustard
Oils, edible
Onion Soup Mix
Peanuts, Dry Roasted and Roasted/Salted Spanish
Pudding Snack Cups (Banana, Butterscotch, Chocolate Fudge, Tapioca,
   Chocolate, and Vanilla)
Peanut Butter (Reg. & Reduced Fat Smooth and Crunchy)
Popcorn Cakes**
Salad Dressing (Light & Regular Zesty Italian, Creamy Italian, Light &
   Regular Ranch, Ranch w/Bacon, FatFree & Regular 1000 Island, and
   California)
Sauerkraut
Splash (Tropical, Strawberry/Kiwi, and Berry)
Sugar (Granulated, Powdered, and Brown)
Sugar Free Mixes (Iced Tea, Lemonade, and Raspberry)
Syrup (Old Fashioned, Light, and Butter Light)
Tomato Juice
Tomato products (all canned)
Tortilla Strips, Nacho Cheese, and Golden Chips (Casa del Pueblo)
Tuna, Chunk Light
Vinegar, White Distilled

SAFEWAY Brand Refrigerated
Aerosol Whipping Cream (Light and Non Dairy)
Butter
Cheese, Processed Sliced
Cooked Ham, 95% Fat Free
Cream Cheese (soft, bars, onion/chive, strawberry, garden vegetable, light,
   Neufchatel, fatfree, whipped spread)
Dips (French Onion, Clam, Bacon Onion, Green Onion, Ranch, Avacado, Guacamole)
Margarine
Milk Drinks (Mocha Cappuccino, Chill'n Chocolate, Very Berry Strawberry,
Marvelous, and Vanilla Shake)
Orange Juice
Soups (Potato Leak, Fire Roasted Tomato, Hearty Vegetable Beef, New England
   Clam Chowder, and Minestroni)
Vegetable Oil Spreads, 70%, 37% Light, and 70% 1/4lb sticks (Homestyle)
Whipped Topping (Regular and Light)

MANOR HOUSE
Turkey

LUCERNE Brand
Buttermilk
Cream Cheese, Regular/Fat Free Neuchatel
Egg Nog
Half & Half
Sour Cream, LowFat/NonFat
String Cheese
Whipping Cream (Regular/Light/Heavy)
Yogurt, Pre-Stirred LowFat/NonFat

SAFEWAY Brand frozen
Hash Browns (Shredded and Southern Style)
Potatoes (Crinkle Cut, French Fried, OBrien, Restaurant style Crinkle Cut,
   Shoestring, Steak Cut, Twice Baked)
Orange Juice Concentrate
Select Brand: Both 'Frozen Desserts Ice Cream (w/o inclusions)' and 'Sorbet
   and Sherbet' are on our list of gluten-free products.  I hope that this
   information is helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you for shopping
at Safeway and we look forward to serving you soon!