From:
Jim Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 06:38:31 -0800

My family just returned yesterday from a trip to Florida via Delta airlines.
I was pleasantly surprised with Delta's willingness and cheerfulness in
accomodating our family.  On our trip over we were served a delicious
breakfast consisting of an omlet, potatoes, fresh fruit and, yes, a
ricecake. (But it sure was good with that apple spice jam that they provided
with it!)  On our return trip we had sweet, fresh fruit, a lettuce salad,
steamed brocolli, chicken and a labeled GF corn muffin.  They also had some
wheat pasta with this meal, but I thought they did pretty good considering
how unfamiliar this GF concept is for most people.  I am very thankful that
Delta tried so hard to accomodate my family's needs.

As for Disney World, it was sometimes a challenge to find GF food, but every
single restaurant employee that we talked to bent over backwards to try to
help us.  We always had breakfast in our room.  I had previously been told
that Pure and Simple (at Epcot) had frozen pizza, waffles and bread.
Unfortunately, they have changed their menu and no longer have a oven so
they can't provide these items.  BUT, they were so eagar to help!  They
scrounged around for awhile and came up with a box of Pamela's cookies and
some GF corn flakes... both with experation dates in 1999!  No, we did not
eat them. :-)    Mateo at the Liberty Inn (Epcot) did find us some frozen
pizza. (Our thirteen year old was beside herself!  First time she's had
pizza at a restaurant since she was diagnosed!)   Chef Jerry (at MGM) was
extemely helpful.  He led us through the buffet and told us what ingredients
were in every dish.  He found some GF frozen rolls, showed us the package
and them heated them up for us.  The soft serve ice cream is GF.  We ate
alot of that... no complaints from the kids!  Animal Kingdom served a
"Potato Volcano" that was good and fun to eat.  Spoodles and The Flying Fish
(on the Boardwalk) were very accommodating and delicious.  All the parks
offer fresh fruit stands and I saw a few potato bars as well.  Some evenings
we made nachos in our little microwave when we reurned to the hotel. All in
all we were so pleased with they way things went.  I just wanted to share
some positive travel moments.  Merry Christmas to you all.         Shelly