From:
Janet Wager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:11:25 -0500

Happy New Year to all of you helpful people on this list!  I have learned
so much from reading your emails, and appreciate all of the information you
share.

My question:  I am a recently diagnosed celiac (2 months - the biopsy
came back with a diagnosis of severe villious atrophy).  I was diagnosed
through anemia and a very low iron level (no gastro symptoms).  I felt
great (like my old self) for 3-4 weeks after going on the gf diet, but
then went back to being tired again, although not as much as before.  I
am now due for my yearly physical with my internist.  Could anyone tell
me what types of tests I should ask her about getting?  I've read about
how you should have your vitamin and mineral levels checked after
diagnosis, but I'm not sure what the tests are called or what is
available.  I will ask about a bone density scan, but I don't know what
types of vitamins/minerals, organ function tests, etc. to request.  I am
my doctor's third cd patient, and her only one with both diabetes and
cd.  I'm sure I am now with my meager knowledge more knowledgeable about
this disease than she is, but she knows I do my homework.  I've searched
the archives, but haven't really found any comprehensive listing of what
I'm asking for, although maybe I don't know the key words to search on.
Any ideas?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  I'll summarize responses.

Janet
SLC, UT, USA