From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:58:27 -0400

Hi!

Is there any way to distinguish a stomach virus from a gluten reaction?  My
2 year old had diarrhea starting Saturday night and all day Sunday.  Monday
he did not have any more diarrhea, but he still didn't feel well (not much
appetite, whiney, etc.).  Then today he still didn't feel well and finally
threw up this afternoon.  (Throwing up was his only "symptom" before he was
diagnosed.)  He was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago, and we think we're being
very careful about his diet.  He did have a sore throat last week, and his
doctor gave him Suprax in case it was strep.  (The pharmacist said it did not
contain gluten.)  Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tracey Wolfskill
Fort Worth, TX, USA