From:
- Eleis Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:24:07 EDT

I was waiting to get my blood tested after my doctor appointment today, when
the lady sitting next to me overheard my Mom and I talking about Celiac and
saw our big stack of papers.  She proceeded to tell me that her son (who looked
about 4 yrs old) has had Celiac since he was a baby and told me that I could
not have the Coke and M&Ms I was having because of the "food dye."  She said
something about the caramel color in coke ("well my husband said...") and the
chocolate in M&Ms having "the gluten."  I have only had this for a month (or at
least known about it for a month) and I have done a lot of research and have
NEVER come across anything that said food dyes were not okay.  I was shocked
that she said Coke was not good, as that's one of the things I read was
definitely okay.  Naturally I continued eating and drinking my M&Ms and Coke.  Do any
of you agree with the lady?  If so please let me know, otherwise don't respond
because I'm sure many of you don't.   (Or at least I hope!)

Thanks!

~Eleis in NY