From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:26:52 -0500

Thanks to everyone who replied about new Orleans. The following places
were said to be gluten free friendly, at least in the past.

*Irene's Cuisine
*Acme Oyster House (oysters fried in corn meal in dedicated fryer)
*GW Fins
*August
*Commander's Palace
*K-Paul's
*Delmonico
*Raplh & Kacoo's
*Mike Anderson's Seafood (seems to be closed now)

Someone got sick at one of Emeril's places but didn't know which one.
Someone ate gluten free at the Hilton Hotel but didn't note the name of
the restaurant(s).

Someone asked the manager to fry their fries with their oysters at Acme.

Many people went to Acme and enjoyed the first fried seafood they'd had in
years.

Most all of the upscale restaurants in the city can accomodate those
eating gluten free. It's suggested for the best (not bland) meal you
contact each place beforehand so the chef makes something special for you.
It was suggested I avoid chains unless they have a gluten free menu which
I always do. Taking dining cards will help.

There is Whole Foods that is open in town and for great picnic fare try
Central Grocery on Decatur St.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond to my request. I
feel really good about my options in NO, but have increased my dining
budget as most of the places I plan to visit are  pricey as I've come to
expect now. I'll post  again after the trip in May.

TJ

*******
*******