From:
Deborah Zemek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 09:17:25 -0600

Well, it's funny, but after I wrote to the group asking for recipes, I
found them myself!  Since so many of you asked me to pass them on,
I'm doing so now.  I have not tested these recipes myself, and have
sent them to my mother who is gluten intolerant.  I will let you
all know how she likes them.  Perhaps if you try them, you could
let the rest of us know how they came out and what you did to
change them if anything.  I am learning a great deal from this
group!

FYI - I got these recipes at the following URL:

http://www.culinary.com/pasta/pasta.html

and now, the recipes....

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

      Title: Quinoa Corn Pasta^
 Categories: Pasta
      Yield: 1 servings

MMMMM----------------------------HAND---------------------------------
    1/2 c  Quinoa flour
    1/2 c  Cornmeal
    1/3 c  Tapioca flour
      1    Egg
      1 tb Vegetable oil, optional
      2 tb To 3 water, if and as
           Needed

MMMMM--------------------------EXTRUDER-------------------------------
    2/3 c  Quinoa flour
    2/3 c  Cornmeal
    1/2 c  Tapioca flour
      1    Egg
      1 tb Vegetable oil, optional
      1 tb To 2 water, if and as
           Needed

  It is very fragile and breaks easily during rolling and extruding.
  Don't roll it too thinly and use a thicker shape such as fettuccine
  rather than spaghetti. It holds its shape nicely during cooking. Per
  1 cup Serving: 315calories 9.9g protein 49.9g carbohydrate 8.9g fat
  92.2mg sodium

  The Pasta Machine Cookbook Donna Rathmell German ISBN: 1-55867-081-5
  Entered by Carolyn Shaw 4-95.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

      Title: Quinoa Pasta: Basic Gluten Free^
 Categories: Pasta
      Yield: 1 servings

MMMMM----------------------------HAND---------------------------------
    1/2 c  Quinoa flour
    1/4 c  Potato starch flour
    1/3 c  Tapioca flour
      1    Egg
      1 tb Vegetable oil, optional
      1 tb To 2 water, if and as
           Necessary

MMMMM--------------------------EXTRUDER-------------------------------
    2/3 c  Quinoa flour
    1/3 c  Potato starch flour
    1/3 c  Tapioca flour
      1    Egg
      1 tb Vegetable oil, optional
      1 tb To 2 water, if and as
           Needed

  Quinoa has a strong, nutty taste. It is difficult to roll initially
  and may require several passes through the widest rollers; it
  extrudes nicely. Per 1 cup Serving: 270calories 8.1g protein 41.8g
  carbohydrate 8.2g fat 29.9mg sodium