From:
Ellie Yllana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellie Yllana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:54:52 -0400

I haven't been biopsied but my brother was when we were just babies. We were
told that we outgrew celiac and should eat normally about age 9. When I had
a blood test that showed me low in all nutrients and severly enemic both
iron and pernacious enemia; felt all the time like I had a hangover with no
night before; severe brain fog and started gaining weight rapidly (doctor
said it was because my body thought it was starving), I asked the doctor if
it was celiac disease like I had as a child. This was two years ago when I
was 43. I have been gluten free since and feel so much better. My brother,
who was biopsied and was definately diagnosed, refuses to entertain the idea
that he didn't outgrow celiac. He has IBS. My sister who has the same
symptoms I had, won't ask to be tested. She said she would think about it
when she gets much sicker.

They have the information and know who to ask but they won't go on this diet
until they feel they are too sick not to. I emailed the possible affects of
untreated celiac disease including the cancers and it makes no difference.
The head in the sand affect is alive in my family.

Ellie in Tampa Bay