From:
Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:14:15 -0400

I just returned from a trip to Paris and wanted to warn everyone about the availability of GF food in Disneyland Paris.  ***Do NOT think it is ANYTHING like the Disney Parks in the United States.***  All of the restaurants have an astronaut type "meal" that is free of 19 different allergens.  It is not freshly cooked food, but rather a shelf stable plastic container of an attempt at food.  Anyone who has an allergy is offered this meal.  It is in a sealed plastic container, and the restaurant just throws it in the oven.  We ordered ours at the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontier Land.  The "food" was uncooked, hard, stale, non-edible...and I could go on and on.  It doesn't even look like real food.   They put the plastic container in front of you and you peel back the aluminum lid to see the mess inside.  Due to the fact that the chicken we ordered was bright pink, we called the manager over to show him what was being served to us.  He said that he really doesn't get many requests for gluten free, and doesn't know the last time he served this type of meal.  He said he wouldn't charge us for it.  I am in the process of composing a letter to Disney to let them know that it is disgraceful to even offer this as an option.

I stayed near the Disneyland Park so that I would have the option of getting decent GF food while I was in Paris.  (I have been to Orlando twice and was amazed at the GF food we were able to receive.)  If you rely on the Disney park in Paris, you will be VERY hungry.  Thankfully, I packed 4 carry-ons of GF food for my weeklong stay.

In general, Paris was not easy for the GF traveler.