From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

WOW!
        I have recieved so many requests that I have chosen to post the
recipe rather than send out multiple replies.
        But first, I will say that this wash does not replace proper
medical treatment.  I must continue to use my Metrogel (prescription
topical anitbiotic).  This skin disorder does not go away, but can be
controlled through diet and proper skin care.  Occaisionally it does go
into a remission... so don't be fooled into thinking it is cured.
        Next I will tell you that I got the idea for this recipe from a
product made by Smith and Vandiver called "Botanical Bubbling Bath Creme."
Basically this product was: aloe vera gel, a foaming agent, and pomegranite
extract.  I have never found anything as pure as this product.  Apparently
they went out of business, and I am no longer able to purchase the product.
(If you know where they got off to, do tell!)

        For further information on Rosacea please check the National
Rosacea Society web site at:  http://www.rosacea.org/home.html

Rosacia Skin wash:

One 7.75 fl. Oz. "Almay" Brand* Hypoallergenic Sensitive Skin Foaming
Cleanser

To this add the following:

3 tablespoons pomegranite juice**
4 tablespoons aloe vera gel***

Mix thoroughly, use twice daily to "gently" wash your face.  Never rub or
scrub your face as this will severely redden and irritate your delicate
skin!  Apply meds as directed by your Dr.

*       I chose this product (Almay) because it contained the least amounts
of products known to aggrivate Rosacea.

**      Pomegranite is a homeopathic remedy to cleanse and purify. I
blended up the seeds from a fresh pomegranite and then poured the pulp
through a wire sieve to extract the juice. (you may save any leftover juice
in a sealed container in the freezer.

***     Aloe Vera Gel.  This also is a homeopathic treatment chosen for
it's soothing healing properties.  It is most often used for kitchen burns
and is a popular ingredient in many skin products.  I purchased mine at
Trader Joe's, but I have seen it at GNC as well.  Do not purchase any aloe
vera product containing alcohol!  Also, make sure that if it contains
citric acid it is at or very near the bottom of the list of ingredients.
Alchol and acidic products will be irritating and cause more damage.

        DISCLAIMER:  Again, I am not a Dr., and I have no interest in any
of the above mentioned companies.  I submit this to you in hopes that it
helps you as it has me.  Use it at your own risk, and do not forgo your
regular medical treatments.  If you are ALLERGIC to aloe vera or
pomegranite, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THIS RECIPE!   ;)

        PERSONAL ANECTDOTE:  I've found that I must be careful of the
products I use on my hands as they can be transferred when touching your
face.  Recently I used a product that was highly scented, and another that
contained alpha hydroxy:  Both irritated my face when they transferred off
of my hands!

If you have any further questions regarding the above information please
feel free to ask me privately.

I hope this helps you,
Lynda

\*/\*/\*/ Lynda \*/ [log in to unmask] \*/ So. Calif.\*/\*/ _@v