From:
Sheon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sheon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:47:06 -0500

Hi list,

I am posting for my cousin who lives in rural Nebraska, and who is
concerned about the health of her two oldest children, ages 5 and 7.
They are rather underweight and have some attention and emotional
instability at times, potentially ADD or ADHD behavior.  Their entire
family has quite a few health problems, including IBS, CFS, migraines,
joint pain, leg cramps, underweight, digestive problems, etc, and she
would like to figure out more to help them than just treating symptoms
as they arise.

At this point she is suspecting food allergies, and as members of this
list have a lot of experience with medical professionals I hoped someone
could refer her to a doctor who would help her sort things out.  She has
researched quite a bit on her own and at this point she would like to
have bloodwork done to test for food allergies, but so far hasn't been
able to find a medical doctor in eastern Nebraska who will/can advise or
authorize the tests, so she's currently preparing for an elimination
diet in January.  I've been trying to help her, but to me it sounds like
a nightmare with small children . . .

Does anyone have any suggestions for a doctor she should consult in
eastern Nebraska? Fortunately, their medical insurance is such that she
can go to whoever she wants for treatment.  They live in a rural area
within driving distance of Grand Island, Kearney, Columbus or Norfolk,
and they can stay with family in either Lincoln or Omaha, if necessary.

Thanks for your help in referrals or in offering suggestions to help her
proceed with blood allergy tests or the elimination diet, etc.

Sheon Montgomery
Simpsonville, SC