From:
kathy bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kathy bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:50:58 -0500

Thanks for all of the wonderful recipes. Some had inquired about what type of gluten free noodle I buy and I have only found 1 that resembles the old fashioned egg noodle and that is Glutano Tagliatelle. It is a bit smaller than the wide egg noodles I used to use, but the taste is very similiar. I use this noodle for chicken noodle soup and beef stroganoff and it tastes just like it used to! Thanks , Kathy

1)Where did you get the noodles?  You can make a white sauce,(check any
regular cookbook for that, use GF flrs of course) add sautéed onions &
mushrooms, maybe some peas and carrots, throw in the tuna & the cooked
noodles, taste for seasonings, put some crushed chips on top and bake.  Yum!
2)Use Mrs. Leepers Tuna Noodle Casserole - We LOVE it.  We add peas to it but it is really good.
3)1 envelope Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, 1 1/2 cup milk, 10 oz. frozen peas and carrots (2 cups), 8 oz. GF noodles, 9 oz. Tuna, drained & flaked, and 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 cup).   --- Thaw frozen peas and carrots.  Cook and drain noodles.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, blend soup mix with milk, stir in peas and carrots, cooked noodles and tuna.  Place in baking dish and top with cheese.  Bake 20 minutes or until bubbling.  Enjoy!
4)Low Fat Tuna Casserole
Ingredients:

2 cans equivalent gluten free cream soup mix

(2 cans 1/2 fat cream chicken soup for non-celiacs)

2   6 oz cans of light meat tuna

1 c. frozen peas

3 stalks of celery, diced

1/2  to 1 onion, diced

3 c. of cooked gluten free pasta (spirals work well)

3/4 c. low fat potato chips, crushed

salt and pepper to taste

Reconstitute gluten free soup.  Mix soup, tuna, peas, celery, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Add cooked pasta and mix well.  Place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and cover with chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until heated completely through.
5)Hi,  Take any recipe on line for tuna noodle or from a cookbook and
substitute your gluten free noodles.
6)1/4 C chopped onion
    2 T butter
    2 C GF noodles, cooked and drained
    1 can of peas, drained (optional)
    1 1/2 C cheddar, shredded plus another 1/2 C shredded cheddar for the top
    2 cans Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup (or another GF cream soup)
    1 12 oz can tuna packed in water, drained
    In a large pot, saute the chopped onion in 2 T melted butter.  Add all other ingredients, except for the 1/2 C cheddar for the top.  Mix well.  Pour into greased     3 x 9 pan and top with remaining cheddar.  Bake 350 for 25 min.
7)Tuna Noodle Casserole
     2 cans tuna, 6 oz. each (Whole Foods, Spring Water)
    6 oz. plain yogurt (Brown Cow, Cream Top)
    1 1/2 cups Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup (Imagine)
    4 cups cooked shell pasta (Ancient Harvest, Quinoa, shell pasta, 2 8 oz
    packages)
    1 cup brown rice cereal (Barbara's Crisp Brown Rice Cereal)
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Cook shell pasta according to package directions & drain.
    3. Mix tuna, yogurt and mushroom soup in casserole dish.
    4. Add pasta to other ingredients and stir.
    5. Sprinkle crushed cereal on top of casserole.
    6. Bake in covered casserole dish for one hour.
    Use lots of water to cook the pasta. For best results, cook the pasta ahead
of time and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
    Make sure to use the cream top yogurt...it makes a difference in whether the
    result is dry or moist.
    Our family likes the crunchy casserole covering, adjust to taste. (To crush,
    you can put the cereal in a gallon size freezer bag and pound.) Thanks to
    Jan's Tuna Noodle Casserole for idea about Barbara's Crisp Rice Cereal.
    Add sauteed mushrooms, if desired.
    Serve with peas and cranberry sauce (Wild Thymes Original Cranberry sauce.)