From:
Nexus User jbohmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 22:38:00 +0930

        Being relatively new to this service, we thought we would ask
 if anyone has heard whether  McDonalds soft serve ice cream is
Gluten Free.  Although they promote themselves as willing to provide
 such info, our local McD manager has been slow at best to satisfy
our request. (We need to know as our 20mth old daughter  kills for
 this pleasure...) ALSO, if anyone knows same for the caramel
colouring in Diet Coke &/or Schweppes Diet Cola we would be
 most interested to hear from you...
        Just by way of background info, our daughter is as yet an
unconfirmed celiac due to the biopsy test returning a negative
 result. Despite this when taking "wheat" products she looses
weight, gets irritable and has sloppy motions, whereas if she sticks
 to a GF diet she gains weight rapidly, has a happy personality and
 the motions return to normal.  Our GP & paediatrician aren't totally
 convinced whether to call her a celiac case - WHAT DO YOU
THINK ???

Cheers:

John & Di Bohmer
Internet address:  [log in to unmask]