From:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:25:39 -0500

Ok, I don't remember who posted this or where I read it, but it had to do
with the glue in the tea bags. Just like licking stamps, I guess sometimes
the glue is made with gluten...someone else might be able to help me out
here with how common this is.

Someone commented that stapled tea bags are ok, and it is also unlikely that
the tea bags are made with the cheap kind of glue that would fall apart in
the water anyway.

BUT, I happen to live in South America and buy cheap tea, and the tea bags
do indeed fall apart in the water, especially since I steeped them in a big
plastic bottle and just left the tea bag in all day instead of taking them
out after it steeped.  I think that that is why it caused me a problem.  The
brands I have been using are

Hope that helps for those of you who asked.

Emily