Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:40:07 EST

and other articles of interest from the pages of the upcoming summer 2004
issue of Living Without magazine:

The Princess Goes Camping
"My idea of roughing it is self-parking at the Four Seasons Hotel. When I
can't have a shower, hot coffee and fresh orange juice to start the day
(preferably served by a tuxedo-ed waiter,) I am not a happy camper."
(Read more about how this well known celiac (Beth Hillson) copes with
gluten-free cooking while camping in the summer issue of Living Without.)

Lessons Learned
Roger Barr has a warm welcoming demeanor-a firm handshake and twinkling eyes
that don't miss a thing. As an assistant principal he oversees more than 1,500
teenage students in one of the fastest-growing counties in the nation. The
demanding job comes with a busy schedule that starts before dawn. But Barr
hasn't always had this boundless energy. Just a year ago he considered
stepping
down from the job due to an undiagnosed chronic condition, celiac disease,
that
sapped his vitality, leaving him tired and unable to keep up.
(Read more about how the diagnosis of celiac disease changed Roger Barr's
life in the Summer 2004 issue of Living Without.)

Going Bananas
"What?", you say. "How can I discipline a poor cookie-starved toddler, an
ice-cream deprived teenager, a walking peanut reaction? You can and you must.
If you don't, the monster you create is entirely your own doing.
(How do you keep your celiac child from becoming a demanding, spoiled
gluten-free adult?  Noted author Jax Peters Lowell shares tips for raising a
well balanced, special diet child in the Summer 2004 issue of Living Without.)

Back in Time
It was to be a whirlwind 6-day affair, driving from Chicago to Colonial
Williamsburg and Jamestown, a family car trip to the past. To get there and
back, three kids with allergies, including one with celiac disease, would
spend three
days in a minivan with nothing but turnpike fast food. Challenging? Yes. But
exhorted my family: We can do it!
(Did they do it? Find out in the Summer issue of Living Without.)

The Summer 2004 issue of Living Without magazine also features an article on
planning for a gluten-free July 4th celebration with recipes from cookbook
author Rebecca Reilly. We share details about favorite new gluten-free cafes, the
story of a celiac who has found a way to both maintain her gluten-free diet
and her desired weight, and much, much more. In these pages you'll meet the
fisherman who is allergic to fish, the young man who must
cope with the social challenges his special diet presents, the naturopath who
stopped wishing for a delicious gluten-free bar and started making one, the
doctor who believes in good food not Ritalin and the woman who learned that
her home, sweet, home was making her sick. We'll teach you the wonders of
dates
(the food) and introduce you to new products, recipes and books. Living
Without magazine  gives you guidance and support and provides a healthy foundation
to living well, living
without.

The Summer issue will be available in May. Subscribe at www.LivingWithout.com
or by mailing $23 for a one year subscription or $40 for a two year
subscription to:
Living Without, PO Box 2126, Northbrook, IL 60065