Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:21:46 -0800

Just wanted to put this story out there, because it is so much on my
mind.
My Mom and I have polycystic kidney decease. I remember my Mom being
pretty much sick her whole life which I always thought was due to the
kidney
decease. She had a transplant and got a little better, but was never
near to
being a well person. This is what I saw for years and thought my fate
was sealed
that I would live in misery like her. A month and a half ago my blood
test were positive
for cd or gluten intolerance. As I walked out of the office I thought
about my mom
who died 2 years ago at 67 years old never diagnosed with cd when she
had almost every
symptom I have ever read about. I was sad and angry, how could this have
happened.
My mom lived on bread and cheese. She was never asked what she ate. This
has
been a great stress on me over the years because I have been having many
of the same
symptoms as her. I looked up to heaven as I cried and said Mom I am
sooooo sorry you had
to UNESSISARILY go through sooooooooo much. When she died she weigh 94
lbs and
was 5" 8" tall. She had terrible osteoporosis, arthritis, bursitis,
gout, blood clots in her legs,
big bloated abdomen, terrible skin problems, teeth falling out, hair
falling out ( probably
malabsortion of nutrients) I feel guilty for not pushing the doctors
more, but then again
look at me just finding out now at 44 years old and having problems
since I was a kid.
Thank you for listening.   Trisha
P.S. we have 5 kids in our family and none of them takes this
serious and won't have blood test to find out.