From:
Ron Myslowka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Myslowka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:32:13 -0800

ListMates:
I will try to condense my summarization to the best of my ability as follows:
2 said they had problems taking Forteo, one person suggested going to a website - re: bone loss - possible options, 2 were or are on Forteo with no problems, one had mentioned nose spray & Fosamax didn't work.  3 are on Mialcacin & with good results.  Two people said they'd had bad reactions to Actonel & Fosamax also.  There was a suggestion for progesterone & strontium, someone else said to look up "strontium citrate" on internet (I have to do that), also mentioned was taking estrogen & progesterone.  Someone wanted to know the side effects from Fosamax.  One person wrote in to say they've been on Forteo for 5 months, before taking it they bulked up on calcium & vitamin D, had problems, stopped Forteo for a while, then stopped calcium & vitamin D, went back on Forteo & the only problem they had was muscle stiffness which was solved by taking glucosamine & chondroitin. Another gal said she wouldn't take any of the bisphophonate osteoporosis drugs - can do too much damage,
 jaw problems, etc., & she was informed of this by her dentist.
I thank you one & all for your feed-back, suggestions, & helpful hints.  You folks are the best!!!
Donna/Fl.