From:
Jennifer Lasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:14:31 +0000

Thanks to all for the info on hairspray.  Many asked for me to forward the
info so here's a summary:

Many people noted that they had rashes and scalp irritation from hair-care
products.

GF:

Aqua Net --  The number is 1 800-626-7283.
Paul Mitchell Soft Sculpting Spray Gel
         (The only GF Paul Mitchell shampoo is Baby Don't Cry.)
Clairol's Non Alcohol Hairspray

Susan said, "I use Salon Selectives and have had no reaction (and I
seem to be a great barometer for cosmetics containing gluten).
You have to watch out for hydolyzed wheat or vegetable protein in the
ingredients!"

Someone else has used Clinique Hairspray for years without problems.
I bought some yesterday and they have an "unscented" spray which does
seem less offensive to the nose, but haven't used it yet. I also bought
their face powder which I have no reaction to.

Bobbi said, "I've been using Clairol's hairspray for some time with no
problems. Finesse also appears to have many gf hair products."

I've been getting the line of "Simple" products from my doctor and are
very happy with them (shampoo, conditioner, soap, dish soap).  I don't
know how one would order them, but can offer the address to those
interested.  But they *are* in England.

Jennifer