From:
"Naomi M. Mettey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:19:36 -0500

Dear GSSG members,
   Today I was in Harry's in Marietta and found cans of Heinz Cream of Tomato
Soup in the British foods section; the soup is made in England and
thickened with "cornflour" (which translates into "cornstarch" in the US).
There is a clear notation on the outside: "Safe for gluten-free diets."
The can costs a little over $1.50 but is a little larger than the regular
Heinz or Campbell soup cans we are used to.
   Do please share it with the rest of us if you try this product.  I know
many of us have been hoping to find GF versions of some of the the cream
soups we used to enjoy before we were diagnosed.
Naomi in Atlanta