From:
Chara Armon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chara Armon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2014 20:09:03 -0400

Thanks to everyone who replied to me regarding muscle fatigue.  Many people
offered helpful comments.  The one I'm following up on now is testing for
the MTHFR gene defect, which sounds like it can cause a lot of my symptoms,
and is somewhat treatable.  Best to all, Chara

I know I'm not answering your questions, except that I used to have muscle
fatigue and aches. Now it's only from working out...normal fory training.
I'm much better off when I train and do yoga. You might want to look into
CoQ10. And yoga. I'm older, but what you are describing was more prevalent
at your age. I find exercise works miracles....with the right trainer. Don't
train with a jerk. Find someone who understands your muscle issue. Oddly
enough, I cramp up from too much Mg!  Also, and old remedy for body
aches...avoid night shades: tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, and peppers.
These are also on the high oxalates list, coincidentally or not!  I also
cook with tumeric or curry, which had natural anti-inflammatory reaction.

I've also had many of the symptoms you describe and have yet to figure out
the cause.  Make sure you have the correct form of B12 called
"methylcobalamin" which is often taken in sublingual form.  From what I've
read, it may be wise to make sure you are also getting a hemoglobin and an
MMA test, these will be extra-high in people with a B12 deficiency. Your
doctor may very well not realize that the lab values for a normal range are
far too generous. You want your B12 blood levels to be at least 800 pg/ml
for optimal results.  I've also being reading a lot about copper lately.
Seems celiacs can have problems with deficiencies.  This is an older article
I found, but it basically sums up what all the newer articles said and it's
all contained in one article for convenience:

<http://glutenfreeworks.com/blog/2010/07/28/understanding-copper-deficiency-
in-celiac-disease/#.UnRBNRCzKSq>
http://glutenfreeworks.com/blog/2010/07/28/understanding-copper-deficiency-i
n-celiac-disease/#.UnRBNRCzKSq

I'm 55, but both of my daughters can say yes to those too, and they are only
19, and 26!! I had to give myself B12 shots,  mag & zinc heavily, and my
daughters have to supplement with iron pills. All DX with celiac disease! My
hair stopped falling out when I went gluten free, over 7 years ago, but
others levels just wouldn't rise.

This August 2013 I was introduced to doTerra essential oils as I was so
very, very sick...3 weeks in bed, 2 rounds of antibiotics and so very weak.
After only 2 days using on guard essential oil I was out of bed moving - in
two days!!! I purchased a few more to build some immunity, now I am a firm
believer in alternative medicines!!!! I used to get very few restful hours
at night and now I am sleeping for ovee 7 hours a night!!! I thank diffusing
the oils at night for my restful sleep... First time since 2004.  I will
send you a few links for your to check, and even a blog of what I posted to
see/read.  I buy them whole sale, and share them because they are truly
amazing... And keep in mind not all essential oils are equal in the way they
are made!! I only use doTerra certified therapeutic grade oils! Many are so
safe even children can use them!

http://www.noglutenhere.com/2014/03/celiac-snake-oil-real-deal-with-do-terra
.html

http://doterradenise.myoilproducts.com/

http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/doterradenise/

Several people suggest checking vitamin D levels.

I have had some luck with acupuncture, homeopathy (only with a trained
expert homeopath) and crystals. Nothing in the medical realm has helped me
besides these in 15 years. Good luck to you!

I was treated for Lyme Disease in 1991, six wks of doxycylin or however it's
spelled.  My son, his ex-wife, hubby and I went walking in tick infested
woods.  Hubby never had a reaction, but son and ex-DIL got the rash.  I got
the symptoms.  Was tested twice (I also garden), and it was negative, but
because there was an epidemic that year, and the kids had it, and I saw the
ticks all over me in the park ladies' room, the doc gave me the treatment.
We were properly dressed for hiking, repellant and all.  Didn't matter.
They got in through the holes in our boots where shoelaces go! I was
horribly sick.  But I also had a tendency to be in pain, in general.  I was
diagnosed with celiac in the 1940's, but told I'd outgrow it at puberty.  So
I had the body aches for years.  A few years after the Lyme episode, I took
the celiac bloodiest and it came back positive, as did a biopsy, so I went
gf again, after decades of being told it was in my head!  What I noticed
within a couple of weeks, was the absence of pain!!!  Pain had been my
normal!

So I was in my 40's then.  I work out a lot now, teach yoga, and should be
downstairs studying for the exam for personal fitness trainer!!  So those
aches are gone.

I also found that I felt much better when I cut out sugar and high-glycemic
carbs.   When I cheat.and I don't mean gluten, I feel foggy and somewhat
achey again.

We are what we eat!  Too bad doctors are really behind the times on
nutrition and exercise.Good luck.  Also..ask a trainer to teach you how to
use a tennis or lacrosse ball or a foam roller (bought my roller at a $5
Below store!), to roll on.to do myofascial release.  That will release the
knots.Another consideration.calcium can cause knotting up and muscle cramps,
if it's not being absorbed correctly.  If you're taking calcium, but your
vitamin D levels are too low (or there's no zinc in it), and you already
have a Mg deficiency, you can end up with cramps from it.And the Ca can also
be more likely to form kidney stones or deposits in joints.

I too have muscle problems.  Mine cramp sometimes when just walking a short
way and will feel like I've run a race when I have done nothing.  I am
diagnosed with Celiac and have chronically low potassium ( I take
prescription potassium and it keeps the numbers at the low normal)  I also
get out of breath easily but all tests show my heart is fine.  My doctor has
been no help.

So sorry for your continued pain.  I have been on the low ox diet for a
number of years now and firmly believe that without it, I would be in a
wheelchair by now.

Suggestions:

Go to www.lowoxalate.info and read, read, read.

Join the yahoo group: trying low oxalate.  Do a search.  If you have trouble
finding it, let me know.  They have up to date food lists of foods that have
been tested for oxalate levels.  Use theirs.  Lots of lists out there are
not accurate.  Sign up for digest; otherwise you will get lots of mail.

I am personally shocked and amazed at how destructive oxalate can be and
physicians seem to know nothing, unless kidney stones are involved and then
it's dicey.

If you decide to proceed - do not remove all high ox foods at once. It can
put you into a very painful place.  I can almost promise you that you will
at least see some improvement in your situation.Feel free to email me if you
need more information.   I am not "cured "but I am improved.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia because of my constant pain and
discomfort.  After cutting out gluten, it greatly improved.  I have been
intolerant of eggs for years--they make me lethargic and achy like I'm
wearing a blood pressure cuff on my torso.  So, I knew remaining symptoms
could be other foods.  Eliminating dairy, made another huge improvement.  A
couple of years later, I discovered I was cross-reacting to soy.  This is
not an uncommon trio of proteins to irritate celiacs.  I also limit
chicken/turkey to once every few days.  In fact Cecelia's Marketplace
publishes a very helpful guide for gluten-casein-soy free foodstuffs, which
I highly recommend.  I have found magnesium supplementation and trazodone as
a sleep aid to be crucial to keeping the aches away.  I also use a fitbit to
make sure I walk enough every day.  I feel better than I ever have.  Hope
you can find your sweet spot.  Good luck.