From:
andrea r howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:43:39 -0400

MEETING NOTICE

Date: Saturday April 15, 2000
Location: Patrick Henry Library
          101 Maple Avenue East, Vienna VA 22180
          703-938-0405
Topic: Back to Basics, Celiac 101

   We would like to provide an open forum on the basics of how to
maintain a gluten free diet and shop for gluten free foods.  The areas
that we would like to cover include how to read ingredient lists and
understand food labeling laws, how to spot potential food contamination
during processing, and where to find manufacturers 1- 800 phone numbers
and know what questions to ask.  Dinner after the meeting!  Anyone
interested in going out to eat after the meeting?Want to get tips on how
to order a gluten free meal from other celiacs?  We will convene after
the meeting and choose our restaurant in the Tysons Corner area.

As always, please feel free to bring gluten free snacks to share at the
meeting. Please make sure to include brand names of products used in
recipes and try to be considerate of members who have other food
intolerances.

Andrea Howe
Chairperson WACSSG
www.erols.com/stataid/dcceliacsupport.html Washington DC area website