From:
Susan Lasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:50:18 +0000

Boca Burgers are made by a company in Fort Lauderdale.  Their sales
really took off a few years ago (1992 or 1993, I think) after they got
lots of publicity from the White  House.  Mrs. Clinton was trying to help
her husband with his cheeseburger  addiction, so she ordered them in by
the caseload.  He tried them, and  pronouced that they tasted closer to
real hamburgers than any other substitute he tried.  He was also able to
lose some weight from his changed diet (Boca Burgers are fat-free)

The company makes the burgers in a vegan variety (no egg or milk
products), as well as at least three other flavors.  They come frozen, "heat
and eat," and taste amazing.  I even use them to make tacos and for other
recipes that call for ground beef (I'm a vegetarian...)

If they are not available in Canada, you might ask your favorite health
food store if they'll order them for you.  You might have to do like Mrs.
Clinton, though, and buy by the case...;-)

Susan (in the United Kingdom, but soon to be returning to Charlotte, North
Carolina)