From:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:25:02 -0500

I checked the archives and this was mentioned in March 2015 so I think
enough time has passed that it's worth mentioning again.

I was excited to find this product recently at my local Wegmans and tried it
last night as the upper crust of turkey pot pies I made from scratch.   It
made a very nice crispy topper.  I broke off half the folded sheet, let it
warm to room temp, rolled it out until it was big enough to cut 2 circles
for the tops of little pies in disposable aluminum pie tins such as frozen
chicken pot pies used to come in.   I used my regular crust for the bottom
and just crimped the top and bottom together with a fork. A third pie was
entirely out of my crust, top and bottom.  We'll share that for lunch and
see if we think the puff pastry was so much better.  I don't think it was
but it was a novelty.  At $7 for the entire sheet, it makes for an expensive
pie, much more costly than my own crust.

I took the scraps and cut them out into little cracker shapes and sprinkled
them with cinnamon sugar, just to use them up.  Some of them really did puff
up!   I should have looked at the website for other ideas to make better use
of it.   The scraps could be smooshed together and rolled out again.   Some
ideas for how to use the puff pastry can be found here
http://geefreefoods.com/geefree-gluten-free-products/gluten-free-puff-pastry
/    Gee Free also makes a chicken pot pie and other products.

Mary in upstate NY