From:
"Benjamin J. Moreland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 07:11:54 -0500

> I've been intrigued by the idea of gf beer, which has been batted around
> some on this list.

I've been following all of the discussion on gf beer, but are they any
home beer brewers out there who wouldn't mind sharing their recipes.
My brother and I have been working on a recipe and the last one is
drinkable. (Boy does it taste good with pizza, Mexican or on a hot day.
;-)  )  But it still needs improvement.  As far as I can determine, none of
the ingredients contains gluten and I haven't had any reaction to any
of the beer I have had (and I tend to react to the smallest amounts of
gluten these days).

The ingredients we use are dry rice syrup, gf molasses, Hallertawse
bittering hops, cascade aroma hops, yeast salt, gypsum, gf beer/ale
yeast and corn sugar.  The only one I may doubt is the beer/ale yeast.
But I would love to see any gf beer recipes.  (I have to talk with my
brother as my notes are a little confusing. He is the expert beer brewer.
I'm just learning. I post the full recipe after talking with him.)

Thanks,
ben  <[log in to unmask]>