Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:56:34 -0700

Hello all!  I have some products to report on and a question.

Question first: Can anyone recommend a good, low-fat, GF chili?  Recipes
for mild chili are great as well. I am a wimp with it comes to spicy
*sheepish*  Thanks in advance!

I couldn't decide whether or not to risk these two products because they
are ~not~ made on dedicated lines.  However, I have come to like the
company and decided to try the imitation cheetos and fritos made by Hains
Celestial Group (Little Bear brand "All Natural Corn Chips" and
"Crunchitos" baked snacks).  These products are also made with expeller
pressed oils (so much better for our hearts than heat-expressed or
hydrogenated oils).  With a GF chili added (and sometimes shredded
cheese), these chips make a greasily satisfying junk food meal or go plain
into lunches with a minimum of guilt-- a treat for my kids since Mom got
so health-conscious. *chuckles*

Below is the e-mail I got from Hain's Celestial Group concerning these two
products.

-Maggs (Noble, OK)

Jan 2003

Ms. Williford,

Thank you for your interest in our Hain Celestial products.  We strive to
keep a high quality, consistent product and appreciate your patronage.

Our company does not conduct actual gluten testing on any of our products.
We base the status of the gluten according to the ingredient profile.  The
plant does follow the allergen program, which involves a thorough cleaning

and inspecting of the lines prior to production.

Our Crunchitos Extra Cheddar and Corn Chips are considered gluten free
according to the ingredients.

Again, thank you for your continual support of The Hain Celestial Group
products.

Teresa
Consumer Response Representative

Ref # 267290