Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:47:13 EST

i had dinner at Mixx at the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City and highly
recommend it. it is latin and asian fusion. early in the afternoon, i spoke to Edwyn
Ferrari, one of the head chefs (owner?) at Mixx. he was familiar with the gf
diet requirements and even asked me if i had brought my own soy sauce with me.
i had not, but he said he would take care of me.after asking me if i had a
card stating what i could or could not eat, he told me to give my restaurant card
to my waiter that evening. my waiter came back with a list of what i could
have, from the chef.

i started with a cosmopolitan in which he used fresh squeezed lime since i
told him roses lime juice has gluten.(i read that on this list serve). then i
started with lobster ceviche-delicious. then my husband and i shared ( not
commonly easy for us) his scallops and red pepper dish and my seabass over black
rice. we had stirfried vegetables(without soysauce) as a side. for dessert we
had chocolate fondue into which i dipped strawberries, pineapple and
marshmallow, and my husband poured some of the chocolate onto his sponge cake and graham
crackers.

great meal and easily accomplished and i did not get sick!

marlene