From:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:57:08 -0400

I thought I was pass this info along in case you live near Gilroy or Hollister in California (or if you travel to the Gilroy Outlets) and want to try out a BBQ restaurant in Hollister which features a g-f BBQ menu.  Hollister is about 15 miles south of Gilroy.

I emailed Maverick BBQ in Hollister, CA to see if they had a gluten-free menu, and the below email is the response I received back from the owner/chef who has a gluten intolerance himself (if we can't trust him, who can we trust?:)). He is well aware of cross-contact issues, etc., as you can see from his email. I chcked Maverick BBQ's website again and saw that he does, indeed, have a gluten-free menu on his website. His restaurant can be found on Gluten Free Registry and he serves Redbridge beer. See his email below:

Hi,

Yes we have a gluten-free menu and we also serve Redbridge gluten-free beer. I believe the gluten-free menu is on our website, if not all our BBQ items are gluten-free, all salads (except grilled chicken, and only the vinegar and oil or blue cheese dressings--made here from scratch) The bbq sauce is homemade and gluten-free, steaks, our cedar plank salmon with mustard dill sauce (also made here) All our regular sides - potato salad, coleslaw, ranch beans are gluten free(all homemade). I am the owner and head chef, and I also have a gluten allergy, so it is very important to me to make sure there is no cross contamination of foods. PLEASE tell your server you need to see the gluten-free menu and to alert me in the kitchen. I use separate cutting boards, utensils, etc. to ensure there is no gluten contamination of your food. Look forward to seeing you. Our website is www.maverickbbq.com.

thanks,

Eben

Maverick BBQ
www.maverickbbq.com