From:
The Taylors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:28:44 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about the modifiability of chebe
mix.  Here are some of the responses.

Add 1 tsp baking powder to the mix to make rolls, etc with a less dense,
chewy texture

The cheese can be reduced or omitted to be less salty, less chewy, and less
fattening.

To stretch the recipe in order to get more pizza crust out of 1 bag you can,
use 1 bag of mix (and ingredients listed on the pkg.)

1 or two extra eggs
2 cups of a GF flour mix
1 tsp xantham gum per cup of additional flour
garlic, basil, oregano, etc. to taste

Mix together and make small crusts.  Bake until almost done and freeze.
Take out individually top and bake.

For cinnamon rolls:
omit cheese
add some sugar (amount varied)
roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness
spread with margarine
sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
cut into strips  and roll up.

Bake on cookie sheet Top with glaze made from milk and powdered sugar
(some people also recommended adding vanilla either to the dough or to
the glaze)

This recipe along with one for calzones is supposedly on the chebe bread
website; although I had difficulty finding them the first time I visited and
haven't had time to go back.

Some people recommended making breadsticks as you desired with more or less
cheese then basting with butter and garlic before baking

2 recipes to make your own mix

2 cups tapioca flour
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs