From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:32:13 -0400

I just came home from eating lunch at McCormick and Schmick's. First time. This was in Cherry Hill, NJ. The hostess told me they don't have a gf menu to hand me, but the waiter will help me and she will tell him. She sounded very confident and assured me that people with celiac come there all the time. The waiter was equally knowledgeable, and helped me find a meal I'd like. He said everything is made to order, so if I stayed away from the deep fried products or something with bread in it, it can be made gluten-free. He said they use corn starch to thicken soups, but I never eat soup out, because you don't know where the soup base is coming from. If you're o.k. with eating soups in restaurants, if you go to one of these, then ask about the ingredients.

I had a grilled shrimp cobb salad.  I skipped the blue cheese, not because I have any doubts, but because I never liked blue cheese.

The waiter was fantastic, and I was so pleased, I signed up for their special customer club. They have restaurants in various locations where I travel, so I hope the experience will work out in Annapolis and Baltimore, MD, and in California.

But I couldn't be more pleased.

I try to have lunch and dinner earlier than the crowds, because I don't like making a chef responsible for keeping my meal safe when he or she is working under pressure, but the waiter said that gluten-free meals are prepared away from contamination, and other than for needing a reservation, I should comfortable coming on crowded weekend nights, as I would for early, week-day lunches.

I told the manager I was pleased. He asked as I was leaving. And I wrote to corporate.

Lin
*******
*******