From:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:38:37 -0500

My husband says I am being too paranoid. I admit that I must seem that way
to others, but I am so sick (literally) of accidental gluten ingestions,
and I am also very sensitive to dairy, soy and corn. Corn is especially
difficult to avoid in any processed or prepared food, (more common than
wheat)and so my food choices are very limited. I avoid eating anywhere
except my own house (I eat before I go, and if that's not possible I call
ahead to plan my meal), and even at home, I am always very cautious about
bread crumbs, shared utensils and other sources of contamination. (We have
two GF and two gluten eaters). I am particularly concerned with the
possibility of having to travel with no advance notice (my parents are
elderly), and even see it being very difficult to ever travel anywhere,
without packing my own food. Although I am GF over a year, I have never
gone more than two-three weeks without an accident of some kind, and it
usually takes a week until I'm feeling better. Perhaps if I were able to go
longer without an accident, I would feel healthier, and would not be as
worried about it. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. If anyone
would like to share, please do.