From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:04:59 -0700

Friends,

I have been sick for a year and have finally been told what's wrong with
me.  I have diabetes.  I am glad to know why I have been feeling so low
in energy and why I have been catching everything that comes along, but
right now I am feeling overwhelmed.

          I would very much like to here from others on the list who
have found that they too are diabetic.  The things I want to know are:

~Do any of you NOT use artificial sweeteners?  If so, then how do you
sweeten things? (my brain doesn't       function right when I use
artificial sweeteners!)

~How do you cope?

~How do you handle eating out?

~What's left to eat?

~What do you take for the nausea the medication causes?  (It's supposed
to be temporary, but it is pretty  hard to deal with.)  (I used to eat
candied ginger for nausea but that is DEFINITELY OUT!)

~Which oral medications to reduce blood sugar are GF?

          I know I can do this, after all I gave up eating gluten didn't
I?  But right now I am feeling awful from my medication (nausea) and
this is not making my outlook bright.  Sigh.

Thanks in advance for your excellent advice and support!

Lynda Swink

~*~ [log in to unmask]  ~*~ _@V ~*~