From:
Patty Ann Hakala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 10:35:24 MST

Hi Jane,
   My itchiness also occurs only with raw, vegetables and herb.
(specifically celery, carrots, dill and parsley which are all from the
same family) However, when they are cooked, my doctor said that the
composition of the food changes, which is why we don't react to them.
    So, have you tried eating canned peaches or pears? Just
wondering.

Patty

> When I eat raw apples, grapes, peaches, nectarines, pears, hazelnuts,
> walnuts and a few other things, my ears get really itchy deep inside and the
> roof of my mouth gets really itchy,  I haven't touched any of this
> stuff for years, but I can eat cooked apples in pies and apple crisp
> etc. (before celiac diagnosis).  I just thought I must be allergic to
> them since I'm have a lot of allergies,( I go once a month for allergy
> shots for ahyfever).
>
> Merry Christmas
> Jane
Laissez les bons temps rouler.                            Patty Hakala
                                     Zirkle Wells Software Group, Inc.