From:
Doug Swift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:49:34 -0300

Hi gang!

I received a total of 38 replies to my question "What do people on
this list have for breakfast?".  Wow!!!!

Thank you all for your concerns and suggestions.  It was VERY heart
warming to hear how people are handling (IMHO) this important meal of the
day.  Responses came from people with just recently wheat (like me) to
full celiac; from Australia, from US and from where I live (Fredericton, New
Brunswick, Canada) - Wow am I NOT alone!

Many people indicated they added fruit (ex. raisens) or honey to their
choice.

I tried to group these somehow and came up with groups rice, corn, rice
and corn, grits, and other.  Please don't shoot me if I put something
in the wrong group. The number in front of the item indicates how many
people suggested it. <GF> indicates Gluten Free, <WF> indicates Wheat Free
but only as per the advice of the replier (i.e. I have not checked it out)

Rice:
5 - Cream of Rice. <GF>.
2 - Rice in Blender to make Cream of Rice. <GF>
2 - Puffed Brown Rice. <GF>. From health food store.
1 - Crunchy Brown Rice Cereal. Sweetened with cane sugar, in a box from
    health food store.
5 - Kellogg's Rice Krispies. <WF-Malt>
4 - Barbara's Rice Cereal / Brown Rice Crisp
6 - Rice Puffs / Puffed Rice <GF> - top with honey and/or raisens.
3 - Pacific Grain (formerly Perky's) Nutty Rice
1 - Ener-g Foods Rice Nuts, Rice Crisps - see www.ener-g.com
1 - Kinnikinnick Rice Krispies
2 - Post Fruity Crisps
1 - Nature's Path Millet Rice Cereal

Corn:
5 - Ralston Sun Flakes <GF Malt-free> - order from Mascutah,Il
4 - Corn Flakes <GF> ("Cornie' brand in Australia)
5 - Kellogg's Corn Flakes <WF-Malt>
4 - Barbara's (Frosted) Corn Flakes
1 - Stow Mills Corn Flakes
1 - Erewhon Corn Flakes <GF & Sugar Free>
5 - Nature's Path (Honeyed) Corn Flakes <GF>
2 - Health Valley's Corn Flakes <GF>
1 - Health Valley's Puffed Corn Cereal
8 - Kellogg's Corn Pops <GF - question about annatto color>
1 - Top's Golden Corn Nuggets
1 - Arrowhead Mills Maple Corns
3 - Post Cocoa Pebbles <GF>
4 - Post Fruity Pebbles <GF>
2 - French Toast Crunch <GF>
2 - Post Cocoa Blasts
1 - Quaker Corn Bran <WF - Oats>
1 - Quaker Honey Combs <WF - Oats>
1 - Quaker Alpha bits <WF - Oats>
1 - Cap'n Crunch

Corn & Rice:
3 - Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Almond Raisen
1 - Breadshop Crispy Rice and Corn
1 - Kellogg's Crispex
2 - Corn and Rice Chex <WF - Malt>

Grits:
5 - Grits (Hominy) - add honey or raisens
1 - Quaker Corn Grits

Other:
1 - Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise Cereal
1 - Kellogg's Tempations (pecan flavor)
1 - Jo-crisps <GF> - see www.jowar.com
1 - Quinoa Flakes
1 - Buckwheat

2 - Oatmeal
2 - Toast <GF or WF>
1 - Eggs, Home Fries
1 - Egg white omelette with herbs, fruit, and GF Toast.
1 - Popcorn ricecake with peanut butter, jelly and hot chocolate.
2 - Arrow Mills WF/GF Pancakes
2 - Vann's GF Waffles (apple cinnamon)
1 - tortillas with peanut butter
1 - cornbread with butter and jelly