From:
"d. nijdam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
d. nijdam
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 07:34:26 -0800

Hi everyone,
I want to thank you all for your help and support. I contacted earlier regarding my son who had a positive blood test and negative biopsy. The second blood test came back negative, with the result left by the doctor on my answering machine. I was furious and contacted the GI clinic where the nurse indicated he should have had the equivalent of 2 slices of bread daily, prior to the challenge.  It would have been a real stretch in our normal diet to get him to eat that much and I thought I was fulfilling the requirement with a big Mac hamburger every few days.  She suggested I consider keeping him GF for a year and then have him undergo a gluten challenge. Since going GF (2 months), he has been sick twice, both incidences 24 hours after eating out (Japanese and Chinese food). In spite of these two incidences, his health has done a complete turn around and he is gaining weight, is constantly hungry (was eating minimally before). His teachers say he school work has significantly improved, although they still see a level of neurological impairment in his writing and co-ordination during gym. What I have noticed is that he is no longer looking exhausted all the time. For this reason, at the moment I am concentrating on measuring the result rather than seeking confirmation of diagnosis. Thanks again.

I have been checking the status of all our foods for gluten status and our following favourites were not posted on any lists. With Easter coming, I thought I would share the info. I my memory serves me, Kindersurprise is not readily available in the US.  Oh, for cross border travellers, I also found out that Kelloggs Corn Pops are GF in the US and not in Canada as the recipe differs.

Deborah, Canada

Dear Deborah,

We have several products that are GLUTEN-FREE and they are:  Tic Tac, Nutella, Kinder Surprise and Mon Cheri.

Sincerely,

Tonia Cutts
Consumer Relations
Ferrero Canada Ltd.