From:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:00:14 -0500

I read this post with interest and immediately found the Andre's
site.  The cracker boxes even say GF on the label.  I found the
companies number on line in order to call and ask about cross
contamination (718-830-0266)and spoke with Andre himself. (They have
an extensive product line at http://www.lowcarboutlet.com/)
Although Andre's has had no reported reactions to his product which
has been on the market "for quite a while", the crackers are not made
on dedicated lines or in a dedicated facility.  Andre admitted that
the possibility of cross contamination is always there (as does
Amy's).  Those who are hypersensitive to gluten may choose to avoid
this product.

I have learned, with much regret, that even a GF label still warrants a call.

deni weber

IN, USA

--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we're here, we
might as well dance.