From:
JOHN & NANCY TROJANOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:51:00 -0700

I have the  recipe (below) that I got from the list in January of 1999.
Under the direction for making the cake it says   "Stir in the milk(or
substitute), oil, and vanilla until smooth"; however, there is no oil
listed in the ingredients.

Can someone tell me how much oil to use??

thanks - Nancy

 Hot fudge cake
  One cup any flour or flour mix
  3/4 cup sugar
  6 Tbsp baking cocoa powder
  2 tsp baking powder (Unless Mix has Baking Powder already)
  1/2 tsp salt

  1/2 cup milk
  2 tsp vanilla
  1 3/4 cups hot water
  1 cup brown sugar
  Whipped cream or ice cream

  Use all GF ingredients and the recipe is very forgiving for people who
  need to make a change.

  In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2Tbsp of the cocoa, baking
  powder, and salt.

  Stir in the milk(or substitute), oil, and vanilla until smooth.
Spread

  in an ungreased 9in. square baking pan.  Then combine brown sugar and
  remaining cocoa; sprinkle over bafter.  Pour hot water gently over
all.

  Do not stir!  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Serve warm, topped vath
  whipped cream or ice cream.(opt)